Saturday 23 October 2010

Smoking - The Easy Way To Give up

After trying the patches, trying to go "cold turkey" I thought I would be condemned to smoking forever! However, due to certain events in my life I have managed to give it up, all thanks to the Job Centre!

How did I manage that you may wonder? Well, quitting smoking wasn't planned, it was forced. Heres a few steps on how to be smoke free

1) Leave your job voluntarily, move away with hardly any money

2) Apply to get Job Seekers Allowance. Once you have done this, you should get one payment which is made fortnightly. Basically all you will be able to afford is food - no luxuries! Saying that, I did buy 10 packs, just to keep me going.

3) Your next payment will be halved and you Job Seekers Allowance will be closed because you left you job voluntarily. You will need to apply for a hardship thing, which will take about a month.

So buy time you get money, You would have either starved to death (which may happen to me) or have lived of cigarettes. If you haven't had the luxury to afford them, then you would have been forced to go cold turkey for nearly 2 months without the temptation to buy (cause you have no money) and after a few weeks even the smell makes you gag!

Note: Experiences may differ :P

No comments:

Post a Comment