Thursday 14 October 2010

Me Vs The Pumpkin

So a couple of days ago my flatmate asked me to help her with the cooking. If you haven't tasted my cooking you should consider yourself lucky. I'm soo bad, I've set bacon on fire. Anyhoo, she asked me to help her with the peeling, so not something so important. The potatoes and sweet potato were done surprising easily. Then, came the pumpkin

Round 1
Having never craved a pumpkin before, I didn't really know what to expect. I was under the impression that it would be as easy as the potatoes. How very wrong I was.
The peeler slipped off the skin of the pumpkin and slapped my arm on the ground. Not putting off by this I tried again, and failed.

Getting slightly more annoyed now, I tried to be more forceful. Ha! I was beginning to work, or so I thought. As I was peeling a tiny bit of its skin, the peeler slipped and cut me. Round 1 to the pumpkin.

Round 2
After a brief time out and bandaging the cut, I went in for the second round. This time, I would be tactful, cunning even. I stood, watching the pumpkin, thinking how
I would peel the pumpkin quickly. Holding on to one end of the pumpkin, I began stabbing the peeler into the skin and soon enough, off it would come.

Round 3
After getting pretty tired from doing a quarter of the skin (yes I'm that weak, a kitten could beat me up) I decided to re-think my strategy. Then, like a lightbulb going off above me head, I had it. Stabbing the pumpkin in the middle and using it as a handle, I could use the other one to peel quickly! And it worked!

Heres a pic of after the whole ordeal, I certainly got job satisfaction whilst cleaning that up

No comments:

Post a Comment