Monday 29 November 2010

Let It Snow...

The snow has come! And a month earlier than last year too. I have a hate/love relationship with snowy weather, as I'm sure most people my age and older do. I say hate/love because the hates outweigh the loves. Snow, its pretty to look at from the comfort of your home, but as soon as you have to go out in it, its a bitch.

When we were younger, we loved it when it snowed. If it snowed lots then it meant there was a chance the schools would be closed and we would have days off if it snowed bad enough, to play in the snow and make snowmen, have snow ball fights and go sledging.

Don't get me wrong. I do like the snow. I still love having snowball fights, making snowmen and watching it snow from the warmth of my house. But as soon as I am forced to go out in it to go to work, I hate it. No matter how warmly I dress or how many layers of clothes I put on, I'm chilled to the bone. Then the wind blows the snow in my face and I can't see where I'm going. By time I get to my destination, I'm covered in snow and irritated.

All I need in this picture is a snowman

If the snow's really bad, none of the buses can go because the roads are blocked. That's a big pain. Then there's the walking in the snow. Talk about slip and slide. I hate the ice and the slush! It makes me look so ungraceful when walking, almost like I'm drunk. Another bad thing about the snow is it makes the flat freezing constantly.

However saying all that, there's something Christmasey when it snows when its drawing near Christmas. Yesterday I was almost tempted to put up my Christmas tree up because of the snow. But then I realised it was a tad bit early for that. It has certainly put me in a Christmasey mood! I think that's mainly because I haven't heard any Christmas related songs or seen any TV adverts... yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment