Sunday 21 November 2010

A Small Adventure in Aberdeen

Earlier this year, I decided to visit my friend Sian for her 20th birthday in Edinburgh. However, things didn't quite go as planned, the boat wouldn't leave until the next day which would have meant I would be on the boat during her party. It must have been natures way of telling me not to go. I wasn't gonna let mother nature ruin my plans! After calling her, we decided to meet each other halfway, in Aberdeen.

The day was filled with catching up, laughs and plan making of the night's events. We even managed to argue before we had even greeted each other. As our friend put it, "To see such love brings a tear to my eye". One event which wasn't funny at the time, but funny now was when Sian went to clean her contacts, however she used the wrong solution and her eyes went bright red. Luckily, they got better as time went on.

A few hours later...

We found our tipsy selves in a crowded dark bar drinking beer out of plastic cups. The place looked dirty and was certainly not classy (as you can tell from the picture below) but we certainly had a good time. The music was loud, the crowd we were with were great but trying to find a seat was a bitch. Sian came running to be demanding to use my phone. When she got back, she showed me this sign she took a photo of.

Doesn't get much classier than this!
After ditching that bar the drinks were really starting to hit us. We were dragged to a gay bar where we saw an older guy with laced up trousers at the back (which we slapped as we ran out of the bar, the things you do when you're drunk). We then ended up at a strip bar. While all the guys drooled over the dancers, Sian and I went on facebook, checked our e-mails and drank more drinks. We also commented on the women's shoes and dancing techniques. It turned out to be the best bit of the night, despite falling down some stairs. When a woman came over to me offering a lap dance, Sian laughed until I turned the tables at her and told the dancer she would really enjoy one.

The next day however, I woke up on a friend's living room floor and had the most laziest day in the world. We said our goodbyes and hoped the summer holidays when Sian would get back would be as wild as our adventure in Aberdeen. And it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment