Saturday 13 November 2010

In My Inbox

This morning, as I was bored and nothing interesting was happening online, I decided to clean out my inbox. I hadn't looked at it in a while and I was greeted with 5,743 unread messages. Wow! Memo to self - delete emails daily. Instead of clicking the delete all, I decided it would be interesting to see what I was actually getting. Curiosity never did anyone any harm (apart from the cat!)

Most of the emails were mostly from shopping websites trying desperately to get me attention to go to their website and buy things. They had headings like "SALE NOW ON!" and "25% OFF". I have to admit, it was tempting but my bank was like no ¬¬.

This is what happens when your computer screen breaks!
The next bunch that were similar was about money. "Do you owe over £5,000 in debt? Try this scam!" Ok, it didn't say that but I'm not that stupid to give my bank details to an unknown site. Accident insurance? Hmm maybe I need some of that!

One that caught my eye (and made me LOL) was from 'LoveFilm' with the email heading 'Overcome cold nights with our 30 days of movie pleasure'...

My favourite one of the lot was offering me a special deal on a face lift which could take up to 10 years off my age. If I did that I'd end up with the face of an 11 year old and considering I'm constantly getting ID'd then I think I'll give that a miss.

Emails which really annoy me is obvious scams which have the titles in long sentences without spaces and spelling mistakes, like this one.

'AuhtnetiicSoftwareAavaibIableOniIneFoorCheeapPprciies,InstantIyDoIwnoadable'

Who in the right mind would open an email with a title like that? The scammer might as well put

'Hi, attached to me is a virus which will destroy your computer and everything in it ^.^'

No comments:

Post a Comment