Friday 12 November 2010

I'm Not Normally This Violent, I Swear!

Games. Any type of games that I play, whether it be a game on a console or a game of scrabble, I turn into this competitive monster. Ask anyone and they will tell you if I keep losing at a game I go insane. I think my competitive streak comes from my family. Coming from a large family, we were constantly trying to beat each other at games just to see who was the superior sibling. And if we were losing, the gloves were off and the rules were thrown out of the window. Someone nearly always got hurt.

The best example I can think of was when I was playing a game with my sister. I was losing. So I told her to say "Hit Me Baby On More Time", which she did, so I shoved her to the ground. Then I won the game we were playing. When she told on me, I simply said she told me to do it.

As I got a bit older, in came the console era. Playing outside had become a thing of the past, now we could play games from the comfort of the house, and not have to move at all. We crowded around the TV, our eyes widen with pure delight if we killed the bad guy or defeated the other player.

Perfection

Before I knew it, I had become addicted. The better I became, the more I wanted to play. I'd stay up into the wee hours of the morning playing the same level over and over again, just so I could the perfect score. There was this one level where I had to lose a match to unlock a special feature. After hours of trying to lose, I decided to call the world's most useless player - my mother.

 Her losing wouldn't take long at all. Then all of a sudden, she unexpectedly won the match.

Mam: Oh yay I won! ^.^
Me: MAM! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LOSE! (no congrats on her first victory or anything)
Mam: Oh yer... oops...

The person who got most of the blame was my poor little brother. He always watched me play games and tried to give me pointers, which I already knew. His voice was so distracting. He always felt the wrath if I lost, but, he knew what would happen if I lost so, he brought it on himself really. The amount of controllers that have been broken by throwing them to the ground (or at him) is unbelievable.

Luckily for now, I hardly have any time to play games. And when I lose, I'm not as bad as I used to be, I'm still an awful sore loser but I'm working on it. I have to admit, my new game I like to play is annoying my brother when he plays games as his losing is just hilarious! Its hard to think I was like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment