Saturday 22 January 2011

Update 3!

Salsa!

Last weekend, the hotel I work at hosted the 3rd annual Scottish Salsa Congress for 2 days and 3 nights. And what a weekend it was! Salsa music blairing out of the speakers, more dancers than you can count and very long and exhausting shifts. But I have to admit, it was a lot of fun and I'd rather work during that than Up Helly Aa!

Walking into to work, I was as innocent as Bambi, not knowing what to expect, I was wide eyed but ready for anything... or so I thought. That was the Friday evening. Come Monday morning, I just wanted to drown under the covers due to the lack of sleep.  I think my best bit of the weekend apart from the professional salsa dancers dancing was all the guests learning to salsa dance and do a bit of it at the party but after a few drinks the salsa dancing turned into grinding. I actually can't wait until they're back, soo much fun! And great tips!

Not much Salsa going on here!
The Vamp Kit


Now, you may be wondering what exactly a Vamp Kit is, I was too. It was sitting in my managers office on top of a shelf, and I did ask what it was and she did tell me, but I didn't really listen... or hear, I'm not sure which. Anyhow, I joked if it was there incase anyone of us turned into vamps (We were joking earlier about forgetting what the sun looked like as we were working nights).

I think it really IS incase we do turn into creatures of the night (stranger things have happened). I think inside it there is the usual vampire repel things, stake, cross, holywater, garlic, all in a shiney, brightly coloured waterproof bag! So if it's slightly dark and rainy, at least the contents of your Vampire Repel Kit is unharmed!

Soon all workplaces will have one!
Shetland!


At the end of the month, for one week only (until summer probs) I will be back in Narnia, seeing my friends and family. Unlike Narnia, and I can't step into my closet and poof I'm there. If only it was that simple! I have to either take a plane or take a bus and a boat to get there which involves a lot of planning, money, time and a lot of travelling. But I can't wait to get back to the 'auld rock' and get proper drunk with a few of ma bitches. I can only hope travelling back there isn't going to be as stressful as getting to Edinburgh!

Either way, I'm sure I'll have plenty to tell once I'm back

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment