Saturday 29 January 2011

Shopping Junkie

I have a theory.

It occurred to me today that shopping on a regular basis is good for the mind and wallet. Of course it only occurred to me after I had fallen into a frenzy of spending.

I hadn't gone shopping for myself in ages. Usually it was for other people or things I really needed but not what I wanted. So after months of suffering and paying bills, the time had come when finally, I was almost caught up with everything and I had all this extra money in the bank.

Here's a pic of Snoopy... why not?

My main focus of today was to buy my brother something for his 16th (if you're reading this Matt then please tell me!!). After browsing through the games section half heartedly I saw something glimpse my eye. A digital camera in a sale. I didn't really need one, but I thought since I was going back home it would be nice to take a few pictures. So I bought it. Then I decided maybe he would want clothes so I went into River Island and looked around. Again I saw another sale on. So I bought some more

 After buying a few more items for myself I became hooked. I had become a shopping junkie. Just looking at the sale signs made me want to spend more. Before I knew it, I had used my card more times than I can count. Thankfully, my bank balance is still (reasonably) healthy and I won't be broke for the rest of the month... I hope.

Whilst sitting on the bus home I realised  that the reason I had become a shopping junkie was because it had been sooo long since I treated myself that I just went crazy with the rush of spending. I've now decided to treat myself ever now and then

I doubt I'll be able to spend like that again for a while though... and so the cycle repeats

No comments:

Post a Comment