Saturday 11 December 2010

Yup, it's still snowing...

On Monday we got the worst snow storm I've seen in a while. It started to snow at 7.30am and didn't stop until 3 in the afternoon and caused chaos to the UK. Everything stopped working, cars were getting stuck, buses weren't going, businesses and schools closed and planes were grounded. I got the lucky task of walking home in the snow. After many slips, falls and cutting myself on the fence, I eventually got home, nearly 3 hours later...

During my walk I noticed how everything seemed more peaceful, even though all the drivers were probably stressed out about driving in the snow. The only good thing about the snow is it makes everything more peaceful.

However, for most of my walk home I was in a fury of rage. How dare it make civilisation come to a halt. I would've gladly have welcomed the snow when I was younger for days off school (however saying that, my school never closed) but now I was part of the working society and the snow slowed everything down.

The storm which brought civilisation in the UK to it's knees
That's when I realised its not the weather we should blame, its mankind. We know from previous experience and generations that snow causes everything to not work so, why haven't we invented vehicles/aircraft that can still work during snow? I mean, we have invented self-flushing toilets that speak and self cleaning ovens so why haven't we invented a snow proof vehicle? It would make a lot of sense, it would mean there would be no disruptions in your normal day life and instead of panicking about driving in the snow and wondering if the roads were bad you wouldn't notice it.

Maybe those smart guys haven't invented it so when it does snow, they can call into work to say they got snowed in. If that's the cause, you guys suck ¬¬

2 comments:

  1. They have invented a snow proof vehicle Maurice its called a Land Rover Freelander & I have one. We went into town all week & to grannys with Jessica and never got stuck once! Its a tank for godsake & wouldn't slide even when we tried our hardest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmph, well they should make everything into Land Rovers then shouldn't they! BTW I hope you do get the monster truck stuck in the snow, I will laugh at you haha

    ReplyDelete