Thursday 11 August 2011

Kingdom Hearts II

So, for the past week and a half I have non stop been playing KH2. It got really addictive. I found myself coming home from work at 2am and switching on old faithful (my 11 year old PS2) and playing that game until I realized I would only get 5 hour sleep if I didn't go to bed.


I had gotten so far before I needed my flatmate Keith to interfere. I had got up to the level where I had to defeat this pain in the ass guy who kept saying "dance water dance!" over and over again. Well, he kicked my ass royally and after hearing him repeat the same thing and getting beaten countless times, I called in the big guns. Keith told me the reason why I was getting my ass kicked was because I hadn't been using any of the HP boost things or adding any abilities to my character and gave me trouble for not paying attention. Well, I'm sorry, but when I'm playing a game, I want to play the game, not stare at a TV reading!

DANCE WATER, DANCE!
The rest of the game became more like a battle for me. A battle to complete the game quickly so I could A) Get some sleep, B) catch up on my housework and C) to be able to brag to my brother that I completed a game in just over a week.

Soon enough, it came to the last level. I felt quite proud of myself. I had never gotten to the end of a game without using cheats or a guide or in the space of nearly 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I wish I had seen a guide because I was unaware that once you started that level, you wouldn't be able to save and would have to endure in 4 battles. The hardest one was the 2nd battle (I think, it was all a blur).


It was soo annoying. I kept on dying. And when I thought I had nearly won, something new would happen and I would die. At one point, the guy was one hit away from dying and before I could give him the deathly blow, he killed me. My reaction was pretty much like this.


After screaming and swearing like a possessed demon, I remembered Keith was sleeping in the next room and it was 3am. So I had to contain my rage and rapidly press buttons like a mofo.

And then I won. And after 2 more easy(ish) battles, I had completed the game


But what to play now?

No comments:

Post a Comment