Sunday 27 March 2011

Saturday (The Next Day)

This post is sort of a part 2 to the last one, When Champagne Thursday Met Friday.

On Saturday morning, I woke up with a jump. I was sure I was late for work so I basically jumped across the room to check the time on my mobile. It was 6am. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. That was when the hungover prevention gene kicked in.

Must. Drink. Water.

Slowly, I stumbled out of my room and into the kitchen and poured myself a pint of water. I downed it then and there, but it didn't quench my thirst. So I had more... and more. While standing at the kitchen sink, downing my water, flashbacks of downing my vodka and coke pints came flooding back. The next step of the hungover prevention gene was to find food.

Everyone has told themselves this lie before
Its funny how when hungover, everything goes back to basics. I think it's because you are too unable to do anything else but eat, drink and sleep.

Luckily, I had bought a loaf of bread the day before and it hadn't been opened yet. Lucky for me, but not for the bread. I decided toast would be the best way to go. Unfortunately for me, my toaster only has two slots in it, so I basically stood over the toaster and when it popped up, I buttered it and put more in. And repeat cycle a few times. Before I knew it, I only had 4 slices left.

So I decided the next step in preventing my hangover would be to watch some Will & Grace and have a wee nap.

A few hours later...

I woke up feeling well rested and fabulous, despite looking it. I was ready to go to work and kick major ass. After getting ready for work, Keith & Sian told me what they had gotten up to after I had "flown the co-op". They had told me they ended up at our neighbours and stayed there for a while and got super drunk. They were even sick when they got back (lovely).


Work went ok up until a certain point. It wasn't until I needed to top up on food that I started feeling worse. That, and I hadn't had my Irn Bru fix yet, which always cures a hangover. But of course, by time I went for my break, the hangover was in full swing and there was no stopping it. That night I managed to walk into doors, walls, trip over nothing, spill water.... the list goes on.

And of course, by time I finished work at 2am, my hangover was gone

Hangovers can be a right twisted bitch sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment