Friday 11 March 2011

Champagne Thursday!

Yesterday was a celebration! Not because it was Champagne Thursday, but because it was the first month's anniversary of Champagne Thursday.


What's Champagne Thursday you ask. Well let me tell you. Every Thursday, which happens to be my day off of course, me and my flatmates get together for a wee chat about our week, gossip we've heard and generally bask in each other's awesomeness whilst we drink champagne out of massive kick ass glasses.

The origin of Champagne Thursday happened when I went back home last month. One of my friends had brought a bottle of champagne just for the hell of it. I was hooked. And the anticipation of trying to open the bottle and the satisfaction of the pop once you do really is thrilling. Also, this was on a Friday, but I think Champagne Thursday sounds a lot better than Champagne Friday.

The moment my addiction started... POP!
So yesterday,  I was celebrating one month of being a Champagne alcoholic. And what did I do to celebrate it? Apart from drinking, nothing special. We were busy trying to get last minute preparerations for Sian's 21st Nintendo Birthday party tomorrow. Painting hats, tails, yoshis, making vodka jelly and we're still not done! However it is awfully exciting once everything has been done and I've got into my costume, which I still need to get. I'm going as Charmander :P


But getting on track, I think everyone should celebrate Champagne Thursday.  I mean, why not?

(Obviously you need to be drinking age to celebrate)

No comments:

Post a Comment