Sunday 18 December 2011

The Dream

First of all, sorry about the length of time I haven't posted anything! My laptop died as you may or not know :(
A few weeks ago, after a long hectic day at work, I found out via facebook (as you do) that my sister's kitten had been run over and had to be rushed to the vets that night. Of course, I felt bad for my sister (Amy) and her boyfriend and hoped the kitten, called Rainbow, would pull through.

That night, I went to sleep and had the most surreal dream I have ever experienced in my life. In this dream, my sister Amy and I went to my Granny's house for a wee visit. When we entered into her sitting room, with her kittens Rainbow and her sister Tiger, there was my Grandad sitting in his chair sipping a cup of tea. Now, my Grandad had been dead for 11 years and I felt myself telling me "but this can't be real, you've been dead!" however my mind stared to succum to my dream when he started asking us how we were.

 Amy started telling him about her boyfriend and I told him how I had moved down to Edinburgh and about my new job. My Granny, who's still alive, told me how well my Grandad had been doing lately. I felt a sudden happiness and then I was somehow transported into my Granny's bedroom where Amy was saying a tearful goodbye to Rainbow, saying how much she would miss her. At the time, I didn't understand why I, or for that fact Amy was so upset.

Then, Rainbow walked to my Grandad and he scooped her up and said he had to go. We said goodbye, feeling tearful and as he opened the door, a bright light appeared and I woke up to my alarm ringing.

When I awoke, feeling confused about what I had dreamed, I can swear I could smell the scent of his car and taste the sweeties me and him shared when I was a child.

Then I found out Amy's kitten had died.

 Usually when people awake, they lose up to 90% of their dream in the first 10 minutes of being awake. However, this dream felt so real and had been replaying in my mind for weeks after.

Has anything like this ever happened to you? Let me know.

P.S. Thanks to my friend Fiona for letting me "steal" her laptop as she slept so I could blog! And speical thanks to Sammy for getting Fiona soo drunk beforehand - I love you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment