Wednesday 22 June 2011

The Thunder Storm

For the past few weeks. thunder storms seems to becoming a norm in Edinburgh. Even though most people are scared of thunder storms, I have to say I love them. I love how just before a storm hits, the rain gets really heavy and the sky gets darker and then the roar from the thunder comes and the sky lights up. It's so exciting!


I remember ages ago back in Shetland there was a really bad thunder storm and the sky turned really dark during the day. So my Mam rushed around the house switching off everything and unplugging everything in the house at the first sign of a storm, quite funny to watch actually (and I find myself doing exactly the same thing now!). So we were watching the lightning light up the sky and then saw it strike one of the wind turbines up on the hill. It was pretty exciting seeing the smoke rise from the turbine.

Although saying that, all the rain and the storms and the excitement of watching it does wear down after a while. After 2 weeks (or what feels like 2 weeks) of nothing but rain I can't help but wonder, will we have a sunny summer? In the mean time - get your brollies out!


No comments:

Post a Comment